Marquand, MO’s annual Pioneer Days Festival kicks off Friday night with a fun and musical evening in the Beautiful Historic Homan Hall.
On Friday September 28, First Round Finalist, Cory King of Fredericktown, MO will face off Second Round Winner, Pat Joyce of St Louis, MO in a musical battle for Champion of Season One Piano Wars at Homan Hall Performing Arts Center. The two artists must deliver five new arrangements during the course of the evening, one selection from each genre of music, consisting of Show Tunes, Classical, Religious, County, and Big Band. Professional judges weigh in at 40% of the overall score, but the audience’s response ads up the other 60% of the score. The evening begins with a Prime Rib Dinner served by Durso Hills Bistro & Winery and a warm welcome by Emcee Denny Ward. Tickets for the Piano Wars is $25 per person, for more information or tickets call 573-783-5262 or 573-783-7525.
Following Friday Nights performance, on Saturday the town of Marquand, MO will be filled with activities for all ages. Start your morning with breakfast at the Marquand Methodist Church, then spend your day roaming the streets of Marquand, touring historic homes, Marquand’s Art Gallery, antique shops, enjoy the MFPA Timber Sports, Craft Booths, and much more.
Pioneer Days in Marquand, MO is September 28 thru September 30 2012, most events and exhibits are free unless otherwise stated. Information about Pioneer Days and other events are available on Marquand’s website or you can call 573-783-7780.